We currently have two positions available in our Design department.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined design team, under the leadership of a Design Engineer. You will perform a wide variety of design and drafting activities, including updating the product 3D models, preparing assembly and manufacturing drawings in an appropriate 2D format and component hierarchies. You will assist the design team in developing the flexibility of the design to deal effectively with the requirements for product variety and variations.
You will also support the design team in the Engineering Change Request system, as the product design evolves maintaining the physical and digital records of both the base designs, the variants and the ‘as built’ records.
– Maintain dimensional drawings and 3D models and produce 2D drawings from 3D models.
– Revise and update existing drawings to reflect changes properly approved through the change control process
– Work with the Design Technicians to implement the guidelines for the design and manufacture of the product
– Support the Document Controller with the issue control of documentation
– Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in matters relating to the product design
– Support the design team to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with ilke Homes BIM Protocols
Skills, Experience & Competencies
– A degree in an engineering, architectural or science-based discipline an advantage but not essential
– HNC or BTEC level 3 in a relevant discipline or City & Guild in CAD 2D & 3D
– English and Maths pass at GCSE/ ‘O’ Level
– Knowledge and experience of using 3D and 2D CAD software, such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCad
– Skilled in the use of IT equipment e.g. Microsoft
– Knowledge of drafting and engineering standards
– Experienced in the use of document management systems
– Experience of modular construction desirable
– Positive, self-motivated, able to work effectively without close supervision
– Attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with all forms of data
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to work within a multi-functional team
– Flexible to embrace new tasks
– Open to operating effectively and efficiently in a variety of environments such as factory, site or home-based working.