Summary of Position:
Working for an innovative and dynamic business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Electrician to join the Ilke Homes Team, ideally with residential electrical experience.
As an Electrician you will be responsible for the general electrical installation work within our homes. This will include reading and interpreting electrical wiring diagrams and installing new domestic electrical systems to current industry standards.
With the necessary experience of domestic electrical systems, you will ensure that installations within our homes are done safely and in line with legislation.
You will be passionate about the safety of your colleagues and will champion an attitude to safety that drives an open culture of reporting near miss incidents with no blame, identifying risk and either eliminating it or mitigating it.
You will draw a clear link between a safe workplace being a clean workplace and will implement and manage appropriate standards in your area.
Installation of domestic electrical wiring
Installation of wiring containment
Installation of electrical accessories and consumer units
Connection of domestic lighting control circuits
Ensure electrical installations meet the design requirements and expectations
Comply with the processes stipulated under the company’s Quality Assurance Processes.
Ensure that the installations are delivered in accordance with ilke Homes processes
To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Qualifications & Training:
- Minimum Level 3 vocational qualification or Level 3 Diploma in a relevant electrical services discipline
- 18th Edition
- Current ECS/CSCS card an advantage
- English and Maths pass at GCSE / ‘O’ Level
- 3 years domestic electrical installation
- Installing renewable technologies an advantage, e.g. solar photovoltaics
Qualities & Attitude:
- Confident, approachable, listening, respectful, enthusiastic.
- The ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and safety legislation
- Dedication to keep up to date with current legislation and undertake any training as required
- Deliver a consistent, right first-time approach
- Work well within a team and equally alone with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a good degree of technical knowledge and experience