Salary £25,000 per annum
Join us in building the homes of the future! You’ll work as part of a production team, taking on specific tasks as part of building our precision-engineered, beautiful, sustainable homes. You’ll be committed to quality, determined to hit targets and timescales, and will make sure your safety and the safety of those around you is top priority.
You’ll be part of a pioneering, proud, responsible community, so teamwork, innovation, dedication and passion for our purpose will be in your DNA.
It doesn’t matter what part of the production line you’re working on. Every single material, every nut, bolt and screw is vitally important in building quality homes for people to live in. And everyone, including you, makes a contribution to us delivering homes to be proud of.
You’ll be building houses, but you don’t need to be an experienced housebuilder. There’s no requirement for trade or construction experience. We’ll provide the training, you bring the enthusiasm and positive attitude.
There’s a team feeling like no other in our factory. You’ll be joining a business that is determined to be the number one house builder within 10 years. You’ll be building homes using the kind of engineering techniques they apply in Formula One. These are no ordinary houses, they are the houses of the future, right now. They’ll help solve the UK’s housing crisis and set new, high expectations of what sustainable, affordable homes can be.
If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, maybe ilke is the right place to build your future?
- Work within a team of up to 30 people within a defined section of the production line
- Work in accordance with the relevant operating procedures or manuals for your designated section
- As directed by your Section Leader, you will complete tasks in a timely manner to ensure the smooth running of the production line.
- Maintain a workplace that is safe and clean
- Contribute to problem solving and continuous improvement activities in your team and, the wider production line where appropriate
- Use of tools both powered and manual in a responsible manner with due care and attention
The role requires the following strengths:
- Working well with others as part of a team
- Demonstrating good communication skills
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Problem solving or troubleshooting
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Willingness to learn new tasks and adapt to change
- Positive, can-do attitude, even when it’s tough
- Always aim for high standards and don’t accept second best
- Reliability and excellent timekeeping skills
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Own transport essential