Summary of Position:
Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Gas Fitter / Plumber to join the Ilke Homes Team.
As Gas Fitter / Plumber you will be responsible for the general plumbing work within our homes as well as the installation of domestic gas boilers, cookers and central heating systems. The role will see you working closely across multiple teams
With experience of both commercial and domestic systems the Gas Fitter / Plumber will ensure that installations of systems within our homes are done safely and in line with legislation.
You will be passionate about the safety of your colleagues and will champion an attitude to safety that drives an open culture of reporting near miss incidents with no blame, identifying risk and either eliminating it or mitigating it.
You will draw a clear link between a safe workplace being a clean workplace and will implement and manage appropriate standards in your area.
- Installation of domestic gas pipework services
- Installation of domestic gas fired boilers and cooking appliances within the modules
- Working on central heating systems both within the modules and in the factory
- Service and repair or commercial gas fired equipment, including warm air heaters
- Installation of baths, sinks, toilets and associated services
- There will potentially be site travel
Qualifications & Training:
- Relevant domestic and commercial ACS qualifications – minimum 1 year remaining
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant mechanical services discipline
- Current CSCS card
- Domestic unvented hot water and heat pump experience/qualifications an advantage
- Formal Safety qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely
- Behavioural Safety Champion
- Risk assessment methodologies
- Managing skilled workers to follow Standard work
Qualities & Attitude:
Confident, approachable, listening, respectful, enthusiastic