As a positive self-starter, with a drive to exceed targets, you will be proactive and be responsible for all aspects of projects from inception through to completion; working in conjunction with our; Design, Planning, Technical, Commercial, and Partnerships teams, therefore strong leadership and management is a must.
key aspects of the role
- Identify and acquire development opportunities within the South West operating area – though an established network of contacts, land agents and land promoters.
- Appraising the site to establish a land value – using our inhouse appraisal system (excel based)
- To have a good understanding of sales pricing within the region and sourcing comparables to justify these assumptions.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the acquisition process – project manage all aspects of the acquisitions process and internal teams such as; technical, planning, commercial, partnerships, design to ensure the project is delivered on-time and on budget, additionally, you will be responsible for managing solicitors, vendors and their agents.
- Prepare and compile board approval packs – these involve reports from all internal teams and stakeholders and is presented to the exec board for approval
- Good understanding of acquisition contracts is required – you will be responsible for your own contracts, with Director oversight.
- Programme / schedule internal sign off meetings to ensure internal stakeholder support
Qualifications & Training
- Educated to degree level
- MRICS welcome but not required
- Good level of IT proficiency
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Knowledge & Experience
- A proven track record in sourcing and acquiring development sites – you will be expected to acquire at least 3-4 sites pa, depending on level
- Undertaken all aspects of appraisal work
- Sound working knowledge of the planning system
- To have lead / managed own acquisition contracts
- Excellent contact base of agents, landowners and promoters in the South West region
- Good understanding of Commercial costs and Technical constraints which affect development
Skills & behaviours
- Driven by results
- Good at meeting people and making self-introductions
- Problem solving
- Ability to pull together a strong bid / offer
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills