Working for a recently established, well capitalised, innovative and dynamic business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join our team.
Working as part our Finance Team, under the leadership of the Group Finance Director, the Management Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Delivery & Installation, Quality and Customer Care teams, producing weekly and monthly KPI reports, producing month end financials, and cost accounting.
The Management Accountant – Site Modular will be expected to work on ad hoc requests and projects, as well as liaising with the Finance team and department heads to help drive the business’ financial strategy.
- Analyse, challenge and interpret the weekly and month end results to provide detailed analysis and insight into cost variances
- Work alongside Commercial Teams to understand & track costs and profit by project; and forecasting variances in month end financials.
- Instigate more insightful KPIs and dashboards for optimal decision making
- Produce bridging and commentary between Actuals, Forecasts and prior periods. Understand and explain the causes for large variances, provide documented commentary and challenge the variances with the sites.
- Help steer the messaging and content of the month end reporting pack to ensure the correct insights and actions are communicated to management.
- Develop value added reporting and review processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and timeliness of information and delivery of additional insight.
- Analysing payroll costs and expenses for direct site staff and how this compares to absorption rates and forecasts. Work with management to drive efficiencies in this area.
- Support investment appraisals within the departments and offer guidance where required, as well as helping to identify and track benefits arising from investment opportunities.
- Finance lead on projects to deliver efficiencies and be seen as a real partner to the business.
- Participate in cost saving initiative projects to ensure delivery of gross margin and operating profit targets through monthly reporting ensuring agreed efficiencies are delivered
- Preparation of forecasting for future costs including tracking cost savings
- Support the senior management teams to provide in-depth financial analysis.
- Assessment and introduction of controls where appropriate, introducing new ideas for more efficient working processes
- Responsible for reporting and data-related projects, as well as helping to develop methodologies and processes for Information flows between Information systems and end users
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the business leads including ad-hoc requests and analysis.
Qualifications and Training:
- CIMA / ACCA qualified
- Driving license and access to a car (travel to site essential).
- Previous experience within a finance/FP&A role
- Experience of working in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Experience of working with stakeholders of differing levels of seniority up to and including directors across finance and non-financial stakeholders
- Strong system / analytical skills proven by demonstrable career achievements.
- Solid financial skills proven by demonstrable career achievements.
- Advanced user of MS Excel & MS Powerpoint.
- Business Central (previously Dynamics 365)
Qualities and Attitude:
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision and on own initiative
- Excellent communication and presentational skills to differing levels of hierarchy.
- Highly organised / structured approach, with the ability to co-ordinate a large number tasks simultaneously.
- Skilled in the use of IT equipment and common office products such as the Microsoft Office suite and email, including SharePoint, Dynamics and Excel.