Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer.
Working as part a factory based technical team, under the leadership of the Project Engineer, the Manufacturing Engineers perform a variety of tasks to characterise and improve the manufacturing processes of making the house, its component subassemblies, and components. This will involve working closely with the product design team to apply knowledge of the product, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials technologies to ensure products can be manufactured to high standards of quality compliance and in an economically effective way.
This will involve liaising with suppliers, research and trade organisations as well as designing appropriate experiments and trials and soliciting views, experience and observations from the operators and other stakeholders.
The Manufacturing Engineers will also be responsible for specifying, configuring, sourcing and implement appropriate automation, equipment, jigs, tooling and fixtures. This may include, but is not limited to, robotics, machine tools, materials handling equipment and computer control systems, both CNC and SCADA
- Evaluate the performance of existing manufacturing processes, using appropriate structured techniques to drive performance improvement
- Specifying hand and power Tools for new process and improving current processes
- Design, specify and implement new manufacturing processes to deliver new products, evolutions of existing products and other improvements such as are required to maintain and improve the economic viability of the product
- Specify, configure and source such external equipment as is required for the manufacturing processes
- Prepare effective business case documentation to justify the necessary capital expenditure to deliver the agreed business plan
- Define and implement appropriate maintenance and condition monitoring regimes to ensure agreed equipment availability targets
Qualifications & Training:
- A good degree in an engineering or science based discipline
- English and Maths pass at GCSE / ‘O’ Level
- Experience of manufacturing, not necessarily in the Modular Building sector
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile manufacturing
- Direct experience of working in a continuous improvement environment
- Preparation of effective business cases for the justification of capital expenditure
- Experience of specifying and implementing machine tools, automation and materials handling equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings. The ability to use 2D and 3D CAD is a significant advantage but not a requirement
- Experience of robotics, CNC and automation
- Basic maintenance skills would be advantages
Qualities & Attitude:
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent communications skills, oral, written and using PowerPoint or similar
- With the ability to work as part of a multi-functional team, respecting alternative professional skills and opinions
- Skilled in the use of IT equipment and common office products such as the Microsoft Office suite and email.
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Shopping discounts
- Health insurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service
- Free Parking
ilke Homes Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all applicants and work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
ilke Homes Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy , or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement. ilke Homes Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.Interested?