Our Movement Section Leader is key to the success of our operations and plays a vital role in ensuring we deliver our homes on time every time to our clients. You will be responsible for the movement of modules around the production facility, to and from our storage facilities and leading a team of up to 6 people. This includes taking ownership of the module upon completion and ensuring the module is prepared and ready for despatch to either site or storage.
Working alongside colleagues in the Production and Planning Teams, you will make sure all completed modules are safely and swiftly moved to an appropriate location. Ensuring storage facilities are available if required and taking the lead on how, when and where we store the product will be a major focus, especially in the short term. This will also involve tracking costs for transport, trailer hire and storage costs. The modules will then be handed over to the Delivery and Installation Team for site installation.
- Engaging with our production and construction teams to ensure finished modules are taken into ownership, collected from end of line and moved either into storage or handed to the construction team for site delivery.
- Write, implement and own Standard Operating Procedures for all module movement aspects, ensuring they are communicated across the business operating inline HSE policies and procedures.
- Accurately track the movements and storage of all completed products and managing inventory levels.
- Manage our internal movement team and plan each day/weekend movements.
- Manage our external transport partner to move modules into storage safely and cost effectively.
- Track, manage and reduce costs associated with transport and storage.
- Review projected inventory levels to aid in the decision to increase/decrease storage locations.
- Produce, report and monitor weekly Key Performance Indicators to demonstrate efficient movement activities.
- Ensure all costs are tracked and PO’s raised within budget.
- Improve SOP’s for loading of modules and safe movements around site.
- Lead, coach and develop the movement team.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Working in a production/manufacturing environment where your contribution to the success of the Production Plan has been fundamental or experience of working in an environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders and the Logistics/Haulage Supply Chain
- Experience in managing a budget and identifying cost saving activities
- Leading and motivating a team to deliver objectives and targets
- An excellent ability to perform finite planning
- Experience in the producing and implementing of robust SOPs
- Demonstrable experience of excellent communication skills across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Worked with more than one MRP/ERP system
- Qualification in Logistics Management
Demonstrable Competencies Required:
- Flexible in terms of understanding the need to adapt to varying demands based on business and operational needs.
- Forward thinking with the ability to identify & improve processes through continuous improvement.
- Ability to make effective decisions with limited time and information.
- Strong analytic & planning capability.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- £36,000 Per annum
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 20:00
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shopping discounts
- Health insurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service
- Free Parking
ilke Homes Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all applicants and work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
ilke Homes Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy , or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement. ilke Homes Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.Interested?