Summary of Position:
Our Planners are key to the success of our operations and play a key role in ensuring we deliver our homes on time every time to our clients. You will be responsible for assisting in the production planning of a range of products, ensuring you hit deadlines and work collaboratively with the wider team.
Working alongside colleagues in the supply chain team, you will be the person who has their finger on the pulse for pulling together key information for each house we build so we can issue out clear instructions in the production traveller documents and build configurator document to manufacturing.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communication skills, be persuasive, tenacious and thorough. You will have an eye for and be comfortable with detail and will be happy to gain an encyclopaedic knowledge of our homes and everything that is required to make them. You will be proactive in raising and solving issues to push the plan forwards.
Engaging and enthusiastic, you will be keen to add value across our whole business and want to be part of shaping our future. You will have a continuous improvement mindset identifying and adapting processes to help the plan run smoothly.
- Engaging with our customer facing team to gather house specific information and ensuring its accuracy and completeness
- Work with other internal departments such as production, purchasing, design and engineering to ensure we have the information and materials needed to meet the plan.
- Work with the Purchasing Teams to proactively identify supply constraints that will prevent effective production occurring
- Work with the MRP systems to generate orders and book orders
- Creating, establishing and improving best practice processes to support the growth of the planning department
- Checking and approving information that is received from our project departments and logging if any errors then chasing to make sure documents are brought to the correct revision
Qualifications & Training:
- No formal education required for the right candidate
- Working in a production environment where your contribution to the success of a production plan is critical
- Able to pull together accurate information from multiple sources
- Expediting and problem solving
Qualities & Attitude:
- Confident, approachable, listening, respectful, enthusiastic.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail and ability to learn new products and processes quickly
- Flexible and understanding the need to adapt to different demands as our new business grows
- Excellent communicator
- Issue travellers on time 100% and correct