• Full lifecycle end to end project management and delivery of multiple large and / or complex projects including:
o Scoping, definition, benefits analysis and prioritisation.
o Project Planning and resource impact analysis
o Risk and Issue management and resolution
o Communications / training
o Roll out planning and execution
o Benefit analysis and post implementation lessons
o The role will involve working with multiple and senior stakeholders up to director level
Supporting the Business Operation
• Develop appropriate solutions working in partnership with all areas of the business from Operations to Construction & Homes to Support and Corporate functions.
• Ensures that all solutions complement and enhance current business practices, targets and culture.
Continuous Business Improvement
• Undertakes analysis to support all identified opportunities.
• Delivers investment appraisal.
• Produce high level reports in support of recommended initiatives.
• Effectively present and discuss cases with Senior Management.
• Develop and manage effective processes for monitoring implementation
• Establish and maintain relations with key stakeholders across the business.
• Maintains and extends a comprehensive range of key internal and external contacts, to provide input to the full range of business initiatives.
• Actively promotes close and harmonious relationships with all members of the team.
• Indirect management of internal colleagues through leading projects, ensuring team members are contributing effectively.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and construction processes
• Significant Project Management experience supported by business experience in a specialist or managerial role.
• Qualified to degree level preferably with additional professional change and project management qualifications e.g. 6 Sigma, APM etc.
• Requirement for conceptual thinking and working from first principles, rather than using a standard prescribed formula.
• Ability to develop solutions to complex operational and processing problems, which involves discussions with internal stakeholders to determine requirements and drawing upon appropriate specialist expertise where appropriate.
• Ability to develop and implement project plans, managing customer relationships and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
• Ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations to customers and senior management regarding project status, results and recommendations
• Ability to assess and understand the business issues and drivers which impact the project and its delivery – getting hands dirty when required to ensure everything works correctly
The successful candidate will also need to display the following qualities:
• be self-reliant and able to work both independently and as part of a larger team
• be able to produce high quality deliverables within tight and immovable deadlines
• have excellent communication skills
• show ability to structure and analyse issues and suggest solutions to line management
• have good prioritisation skills
• have people management skills