Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to join a new, evolving business in its infancy and define the structure for product costings.
Reporting to the Inspection Leader, this role is all about being the customers eyes and conscious. The Quality Inspectors ensure the manufactured products meet the requirements of the job pack, drawings and customer’s specifications; and in line with the Company’s quality standards and procedures.
The key question is would you do the right thing if nobody is looking?
- Read and understand drawings, job pack instructions and customer’s specifications.
- Understands all production processes which relate to the inspection and can use good judgement and discretion in determining acceptable standards.
- Dimensionally verify compliance of products to drawings and specifications
- Visually inspect the final product ensuring all instructions have been completed.
- Carry out other inspection duties when required
- Check that all “In Process” Inspection processes have been signed off correctly
- Report any errors or major discrepancies to the relevant level of authority so corrective actions can be taken
- Responsible in maintaining compliance with the Quality Management System
- Contribute to maintaining a safe working environment by following safety policies and procedures and by reporting any safety concerns
- To record and maintain inspection and test records.
- The promotion of quality system and procedures throughout the company.
- Aid in the development of ‘best practice’ quality procedures within the manufacturing environment
Qualifications & Training:
- Not essential as full training will be given. Advantageous skills may include: knowledge of quality planning tools including Risk Assessments (like Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or similar), Process Control Plan (PCP), Problem solving skills, Six sigma or statistical process control techniques and lean manufacturing philosophies
- Understanding of inspection measuring and test equipment within an engineering environment.
- IT Literate, specifically Microsoft Office suite and database experience
- Highly Customer focused
- Passion for Quality
- Integrity to do the right thing – speaks up
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Shopping discounts
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service
- Free Parking
ilke Homes Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all applicants and work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
ilke Homes Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy , or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement. ilke Homes Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.Interested?