Our Section Leaders manage a team of up to 30 people, of varying skill levels and are responsible for the safe and effective running of their area of responsibility, whilst supporting their colleagues to ensure a safe environment for all.
You will be able to confidently lead and motivate your team as they carry out their standard work. Ideally exposed to working in a lean manufacturing environment, you will be used to standard work, standard time and producing On Time to Standard product every time.
You will be passionate about the safety of your colleagues and will champion an attitude to safety that drives an open culture of reporting near miss incidents with no blame, identifying risk and either eliminating it or mitigating it.
You will draw a clear link between a safe workplace being a clean workplace and will implement and manage appropriate standards in your area.
You will be comfortable managing a diverse team, ensuring they are following the drawings and work instructions provided and comfortable providing training and monitoring the performance of trainee colleagues. Taking a genuine interest in your team members you will be interested in investing in them as individuals.
You will take a flexible approach to working hours and be passionate about achieving results.
- Manage a team of up to 30 people
- Manage team performance through visual management tools and techniques (Daily SQCDP reviews)
- Provide daily progress including issues and constraints to ensure adherence to the factory plan
- Ensure processes are embedded to achieve prescribed quality and workmanship standards, culminating in completed and signed QIR’s.
- Maintenance of shop equipment and tooling for your responsible area
- Promote, engage and actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Works in a consistent and harmonious way with other Section Leaders.
- Create and provide a safe working environment. This includes housekeeping for your responsible area, equipment, and materials.
- Manage sickness in accordance with company policies and procedures including effective return to work interviews
- Maintain the HR Management System for your team in line with Company procedures
- Promote an open and listening culture
- Maintain a skills matrix as the basis for assuring your team can complete work on time to standard in a safe way
- Carry out regular feedback sessions to manage individual and team performance, where performance is below acceptable levels ensure improvement plans are in place and effectively managed.
Qualifications & Training:
- No formal education required for the right candidate
- Formal Safety qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Safely is desired
- Leading a team of 10 or more in a manufacturing/production environment
- Proven track record of managing people processes
- Experience in complex low volume manufacturing
- Behavioural Safety Champion
- Risk assessment methodologies
- Coaching & Developing new starters and continual team development
- IT Skills / Microsoft packages
Qualities & Attitude:
Confident decision maker
Approachable with the aptitude to listen and be respectful
Positive approach to problem solving with a solution focused attitude