Responsible for securing a profitable pipeline of sites suited to requirements of being packaged, sold, and delivered as development led turn-key deals for ilke clients. The role will specifically target new business in the home counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
The role will involve the development of strong relationships with agents, landowners and key stakeholders to forge new opportunities where ilke modular housing can be plotted and result in profitable business.
The role involves responsibility across all aspects of projects from inception through to completion; working in conjunction with our Design, Planning, Technical, Commercial, and Partnerships teams, therefore strong leadership and management is a must.
This role will be based at our London office.
- Establishing a strategic understanding of the UK housing market (particularly affordable) & identifying the modular customer base & their requirements.
- Establish and maintain a network of connections with land agents, land owners, property professionals, funders, strategic partners, developers and house builders to identify, negotiate and agree a programme of projects, acquisitions and opportunities
- Negotiate attractive land acquisition deals with vendors, land agents and customers ensuring deals meet key bid criteria for ilke Homes.
- Negotiate the contractual and commercial aspects including Heads of Terms for new projects, drawing on expertise from external advisors as required, and progress opportunities through to handover to the post-contract development team.
- Demonstrable experience of a strong understanding of residential development, particularly in the Social, Affordable and Private Rented sectors, and how schemes are progressed from concept, through viability assessment, planning considerations, to pre—construction ready.
- Oversee appraisal and valuation of development sites liaising with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on agreed KPIs to ensure that the progress towards and delivery of objectives is tracked in a transparent and accountable manner.
- Develop a performance culture, collaborating with managers across relevant departments to facilitate transformational change whilst acting as a role model with regards to all of ilke Homes’ values and behaviours.
- Keep informed on market research and analysis keeping up to date on market forces to aid business decisions.
- Develop & manage bid strategies & obtain approval in line with ilke Homes Board Approval processes.
- Develop the pricing & negotiation strategy, working alongside the Head of Partnerships to negotiate with clients to ensure successfully converted into new business.
- Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with ilke Homes’ defined Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures, ensuring that HSE is at the heart of the business culture and that your actions and behaviours in fulfilling your role lead to zero harm and a safe working environment for colleagues and visitors.
- Degree and/or recognised commercial/construction/development industry qualification/ experience
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in the South East markets. This particular role requires knowledge of the patch and an established contacts base specifically in the home counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire.
- Experience in a business development role preferably in the construction industry
- Key understanding of the land acquisition process
- Strong commercial acumen to develop viability appraisals
- A strong appreciation of the residential sector value streams
- Knowledge of the UK housing market in particular; Housing Associations, Private Rented Sector, Regulated Social Providers, Local Authorities and the associated funding streams.
- Experience in bid leadership & work winning
- Project Management experience including risk management
- An adaptable style, able to see things from the others point of view.
- A team player who works collaboratively with ilke colleagues
- Instinct to drive business performance – a natural ability to challenge perceived wisdom and drive towards solution-oriented action
- Decisive while working at pace, thoughtful about problem solving,
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Car allowance
- Shopping discounts
- Health insurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
ilke Homes Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all applicants and work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
ilke Homes Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy , or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement. ilke Homes Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.Interested?