As a positive self-starter, with a drive to exceed targets, you will be proactive and be responsible for all aspects of projects from inception through to completion; working in conjunction with our; Design, Planning, Technical, Commercial, and Partnerships teams, therefore strong leadership and management is a must.
Key aspects of the role
- Identify and acquire development opportunities within the South West operating area – though an established network of contacts, land agents and land promoters.
- Appraising the site to establish a land value – using our inhouse appraisal system (excel based)
- To have a good understanding of sales pricing within the region and sourcing comparables to justify these assumptions.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the acquisition process – project manage all aspects of the acquisitions process and internal teams such as; technical, planning, commercial, partnerships, design to ensure the project is delivered on-time and on budget, additionally, you will be responsible for managing solicitors, vendors and their agents.
- Prepare and compile board approval packs – these involve reports from all internal teams and stakeholders and is presented to the exec board for approval
- Good understanding of acquisition contracts is required – you will be responsible for your own contracts, with Director oversight.
- Programme / schedule internal sign off meetings to ensure internal stakeholder support
Qualifications & Training
- Educated to degree level
- MRICS welcome but not required
- Good level of IT proficiency
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Knowledge & Experience
- A proven track record in sourcing and acquiring development sites – you will be expected to acquire at least 3-4 sites pa, depending on level
- Undertaken all aspects of appraisal work
- Sound working knowledge of the planning system
- To have lead / managed own acquisition contracts
- Excellent contact base of agents, landowners and promoters in the South West region
- Good understanding of Commercial costs and Technical constraints which affect development
Skills & behaviours
- Driven by results
- Good at meeting people and making self-introductions
- Problem solving
- Ability to pull together a strong bid / offer
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus Scheme including Site bonus
- Car allowance
- Shopping discounts
- Health insurance scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service
ilke Homes Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all applicants and work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all employees to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
ilke Homes Ltd shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy , or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement. ilke Homes Ltd will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.Interested?