As a Senior Production Manager in our business you will be responsible for the delivery of our modules on time and to quality standard. Your responsible area will consist of several workstations which are run by a Production Manager and Section Leaders reporting to you. You are responsible for ensuring the work stations manage to their individual TAKT times and that all deviations from standard are immediately addressed in an appropriate way. You are responsible for setting the standards expected in a LEAN environment where tasks are performed in a uniform and consistent way.
Our ambition is to build precision engineered modular homes and you are responsible for making sure your teams work to standard operations, standard times and are challenged to suggest and demonstrate improvements to the standard processes. With your Section Leaders & Production Managers, you will ensure you have enough trained colleagues, with cover for all roles across your area of responsibility, giving your teams the variety of work essential for job satisfaction.
An inspirational leader, you coach and motivate your team to be the best they can be and encourage them to do the same with their teams. You set targets and objectives that stretch people to deliver and which drive significant improvement into the business. You do not wait for formal appraisal time to give feedback, you see this as a positive continuous process. You are adept at handling difficult situations and are confident in handling performance that is not up to standard and will build solid relationships with your HR partner to do this.
You have the ambition to progress beyond your area of responsibility into a wider site leadership role and take ownership of your own development and progression. You will also develop your team to identify your potential successor.
- Create and provide a safe working environment. This includes housekeeping for your responsible area, equipment, and materials.
- Manage, motivate and coach your Production Manager & Section Leaders teams.
- Provides daily progress information including issues and constraints to ensure adherence to the factory plan.
- Ensure that skills matrices are maintained with gaps identified and solutions in place to close gaps.
- Execute the factory production plan On Time to Standard
- Monitor and improve effectiveness and efficiency of shop floor operations
- Ensure processes are embedded to achieve prescribed quality and workmanship standards ensuring supporting documentation is completed on time and in full.
- Maintenance of shop equipment and tooling for your responsible area
- Lead, promote and actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Works in a consistent and harmonious way with other department managers to ensure appropriate root cause analysis, and that corrective and preventative actions are in place.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- Ideally degree educated in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Formal Safety qualification e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH Certificate
- A team management qualification e.g. ILM level 2/3
- Proven work experience as a Senior Manager of a large and diverse skill set team.
- Demonstrable history of working in a flow manufacturing, low capital, manually intensive environment.
- Maintaining a balanced set of KPI’s.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Behavioural Safety Champion.
- Computer literacy – office products and Microsoft Navision/Dynamics.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Qualities & Behaviours:
Negotiation & Influencing Skills
Quality & Target Driven