The award recognises ilke’s work at Keepmoat Homes Hawthorne Avenue development in Hull, in partnership with the home builder and Places for People.
ilke Homes manufactured 16 homes for the Hawthorne Avenue development, all of which are available for social rent and are fully accredited by the NHBC mortgage warranty.
The awards are organised by the School of Built Environment and Engineering at Leeds Beckett University.
The CEYH Offsite Award was judged on the following criteria:
- A systematic approach to the implementation of offsite solutions
- Tangible benefits delivered by using an offsite approach over and above traditional methods including value against time, cost and quality
- Contributed to the commercial demands of the client and sustained the needs of the local community
- Provided a unique and innovative environment when benchmarked against other building solutions
- Delivered additional USP’s against traditional construction methods
Nominees in other categories included major construction players such as Balfour Beatty, Interserve and ENGIE.
Dave Sheridan, executive chairman of ilke Homes, said:
“We are delighted to have won this prestigious award for offsite construction at this year’s CEYH awards. Manufacturing these homes for the residents of Hull shows our ability to create beautiful, high-quality homes at an affordable price. Furthermore, we recently signed the largest UK deal in offsite modular homes with Places for People for 750 homes; a clear vote of confidence in the sector which underlines the huge potential that offsite manufacturing has to rapidly deliver the homes Britain desperately needs.
“In order to tackle the housing crisis and build to the scale required, offsite modular manufacturing will have to play a major part. We are proud to have been recognised as the number one company in the region for offsite.”
Dan Crew, regional managing director of Keepmoat Homes said:
“As a business we’ve worked closely with ilke Homes on a number of developments and it’s fantastic that Hawthorne Avenue is being recognised by this award.
“We look forward to continuing to work with ilke Homes to deliver high quality new homes using modern methods of construction across our developments in the future.”