When, in this policy, we refer to personal information we mean any information that could potentially identify a specific individual.
When, in this policy, we refer to ilke Homes we mean ilke Homes Limited whose registered address is at Flaxby Industrial Estate, Knaresborough, Harrogate, HG5 0XJ and which is registered under company number 10909968 (also referred to as “we” or “us”). Ilke Homes is the data controller in respect of your personal information and is responsible for ensuring that the personal information we collect is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and all other data protection legislation.
How we use your personal data
We will use the personal information we collect about you in the following ways:
- Providing products and services to you, including but not limited to:
- engagement with you as a potential customer of ilke Homes;
- for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations to you during the sales process; and
- providing care and support to you both during and after the sales process
- Responding to your enquiries
- Processing payments made by you to ilke Homes or vice versa
- To facilitate our internal record keeping and auditing
- Providing and improving the customer support we provide
- Conducting reports and analytics
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Personalising our interactions with you
- To contact you regarding job opportunities following on from any application you have made
- With your consent, contact you for marketing and promotion purposes
- For health and safety and/or security reasons
- With your consent, in order to market and promote our products
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside our group, except to carefully selected third parties, for example where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose.
We may share your data with the following third parties:
- Service providers
- Our partners, including housing associations and local authorities
- Financial advisors
- Marketing data providers
- National House Building Council, BLP Insurance, Home Builders Federation and the Local Authority Building Control
- Tradespeople and subcontractors e.g. plumbers and electricians
- Our supply chain
- Purchasers and potential purchasers of any freehold reversionary interest in a development that is owned by ilke Homes Limited
- Utilities companies
- Managing agents and management companies
- Marketing platform providers e.g. Facebook, Google and live chat
- Marketing agencies and providers e.g. social media agencies, website development agencies, PR agencies, survey tool providers and print houses
- Survey tool providers
- Our public liability insurers
- A prospective purchaser of our business
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies
Where required by law, we will share your personal information with law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services or function. Unless we are obliged to provide the information by law, we will also always ensure that before we share your personal information with a service provider, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long we will keep your personal information for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
Where we will hold your personal information?
Your personal information may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In the UK we implement a high standard of data protection law, but some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information outside of the EEA we will endeavour to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place so that it is protected in accordance with the data protection laws. Such safeguards may include: –
- Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
- Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection e.g. Privacy Shield.
What personal data we collect?
In the course of our interactions with you we may collect some (but not necessarily all) of the following information either directly or indirectly this includes but is not limited to personal information you provide to us.
Personal information we collect from you:
- Your name
- Your contact information details such as your email address, phone number, residential address and postcode
- Any other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
Personal information we may collect automatically:
- Information about how you navigate and use our website such as the search terms you use, the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on the website
- Information about the device you use to access the website such as device type, screen resolution and location. We may also collect the date and time of your visit, the type and version of the requesting browser and the operating system
- Call recordings – we will let you know if we are recording a telephone call
Other information we may collect from you:
- Contact preferences such as preferred contact method and time
- Information you share with our customer care teams such as details of your property
- Information you provide to our recruitment and HR teams such as information about your current role, employment history and eligibility to work in the UK
- Information you provide when completing surveys which we may ask you to complete to help improve our customer experience and as part of business reporting, such as whether you would recommend Ilke to a friend and where you heard about us
- If you visit our premises, CCTV images
- If you attend any of our events, photographs
Under data protection laws you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Ask you require us to cleanse your personal information so that you can no longer be identified from that personal information
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed above you can do so at any time using the following methods:
- E-mailing us at any time at [email protected]
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of promotional e-mails
- Phoning the telephone number included on any postal correspondence
- Using the opt out code on any promotional communication
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
Legal basis for using data
The legal basis we rely on to process your personal information.
Data protection law sets out a number of reasons which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information.
The reasons for processing that we rely on are as follows:
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. We will ensure that when relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing there will be a minimal impact on your privacy rights. Many of the purposes for handling your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively for example, enabling us to use third party service providers, to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our Website and to help us ensure that we communicate with you about the things that are most likely to be of interest to you. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
When we rely on legitimate interests:
- To permit you to access our website
- For internal record keeping
- To process payments (credit card details, bank details)
- To provide and improve the customer support we provide (call recordings)
- To conduct reporting and analytics (the route you take when navigating our website)
- So that we can comply with law
- To personalise our interactions with you
- To respond to recruitment enquiries and applications (CVs, contact details)
This is where you have consented to us having your personal data. You might have agreed that we can send you marketing information such as details of our new products for example. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
When we rely on consent:
- To contact you for marketing purposes (email address, phone number, postal address)
Performance of a contract
Where you transact with us to buy a new home we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the contract e.g. to deliver the product to you, to take payment and to manage this process and perform our obligations under your home buyer warranty.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer (or mobile device) by web pages as you visit them. Cookies are not programs and cannot harm your computer.
Privacy Officer and contact information
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure we protect the personal data we hold and to comply with data protection legislation, if you wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Privacy Officer by emailing: [email protected]
Or write to us at: Privacy Officer, ilke homes limited, Flaxby Industrial Estate, Knaresborough, Harrogate, HG5 0XJ.
You also have the right to raise any complaint you may have with the ICO. You can do this by contacting them: –
- By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- By phone: 0303 123 1113
- By email: [email protected]
Your statutory rights are not affected by anything in this policy.
Links to other websites
Updated November 2020